NEW - Sentral Parent Portal and App
Mawarra Public School has implemented Sentral for Parents - a parents portal and app to provide Mawarra parents greater access to information regarding their child's schooling.
By utilising this portal parents will:
- Stay informed with your targeted news feed
- Browse school documents and resources - starting with The Week that Was!
- Receive your child's report cards electronically - from Term 2
- Book and manage parent/teacher night interviews - from Term 2
- Be notified of absence, respond to unexplained absences or advise the school in advance of planned absences
- Awards summary - from Term 2
- Change family details if incorrect.
For more information or access approval please contact us.
How to download and link your Parent Portal account to the App:
1. Log in to the Mawarra Parent Portal.
2. Click on Version 2 (top right) - version 2 is a shade of blue.
3. Click on – My Details (left hand menu).
4. My Access.
5. Link Account.
6. Enter email and password.
7. Select 'I need an app account' (an email will be sent).
8. Open email and verify account.
9. Download app (Sentral for Parents) & load details.
10. Log back in to the Mawarra Parent Portal and click on Version 2.
11. Select My Access (left hand menu).
12. Click to configure app account and link your portal app to each child (this will link the account to the app).
You would have by now received an email or multiple emails inviting you to join our Sentral Parent Portal with a family key that needs to be entered once you have verified your account.
We are excited by the prospect of utilising a school system that we have used internally for many years but now can see the benefits of extending this information to families. We hope you can also see why we have moved towards this Sentral App.
As we progress this initiative, I am confident that the Parent Portal will become more and more significant in your day to day management of some aspects of your child's enrolment at our school.
This App will not be replacing School Bytes emails for all Finance and Consent matters for your child/ren.
We currently use Enews & Facebook for notifications to parents, however going forward we will still use Facebook and also will slowly be rolling out more information for parents through this Sentral Parent Portal and disconnecting Enews in the coming months.
Seesaw Family will continue to be used to share and communicate at a class level with families! Your child or their teacher can post to their Seesaw Class portfolio to share their learning. It is not expected that there will be daily posts by students and teachers. At times teachers may use Seesaw to send you messages and some reminders, however this is not the platform for relaying important information about your child or any change of morning/afternoon arrangements as this must be communicated through the office. Teachers do not have the time to check for messages throughout the school day when they are teaching. Seesaw is private and you'll only see posts created by your child in class.
Should you experience difficulties please do not hesitate to contact the school office for assistance. We also look forward to hearing from you about your experience with our Parent Portal, and any feedback will be gratefully received with a view to adding further functionality and improvement.